Collection of Information
When you visit this Internet site, we may collect various types of information from you.
1. Registration is necessary under some circumstances prior to the use of this Internet site. You may be required to submit your personal information including but not limited to your name, a unique log-in ID and password, address, telephone number(s), gender, age, date of birth, occupation, education level, and e-mail address.
2. You may be asked specific questions for example when subscribing to membership for clubs operated by the Company or strategic or joint venture partners, electronic news, information and/or newsletters. Your personal information may also be collected when you communicate with us via e-mails, feedback forms and/or provide information through the information hotline. Some of the information that you submit may contain personal data including but not limited to your full name, gender, age, occupation, education level, address, e-mail address, phone number.
This Internet site may use various technologies, such as Internet Protocol addresses and cookies to gather certain information about you without your actively providing the information.
Purposes of Information Collection
1. Personal information submitted by you will allow you to enjoy the benefits of subscriptions to information and/or newsletters, or to participate in a particular activity.
2. The personal information collected may also be used for direct marketing and promoting purposes or other internal use, to improve the content of this Internet site or other sites operated by the Company or strategic or joint venture partners, protection of the Company's legal rights, and/or for compliance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR including governmental or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of your personal information to third parties
Your privacy is highly respected by us and generally speaking, your personal information will be kept confidential but under certain circumstances, disclosure of such information may be made to third parties, for example:-
1. Where collection of payments is necessary, relevant information may be provided to banks and other financial institutions;
2. Information may be disclosed to personnel, agent(s), adviser(s), auditor(s), contractor(s) or service provider(s) who provide services or advice to us in connection with our operations;
3. Where it is necessary to take legal actions(s) against you on grounds of, including but not limited to, intellectual property infringement or other civil claims, your personal information may be provided to pertinent third parties for identifying and taking action(s) against you;
4. Where we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable or pursuant to any court order, whether within or outside Hong Kong.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong, you are entitled to request access to your personal information collected by us and request the correction or deletion of your personal information from our database upon making a written request by sending email to email@example.com or by sending mail to Department of Corporate Affairs, Sing Tao News Corporation Building, 7 Chun Cheong Street, Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories, Hong Kong.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information submitted by you and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We are however not responsible for any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your personal information that have occurred in circumstances beyond our control. You are also reminded to take all necessary steps to safeguard your own username and passwords from being made available to unauthorized parties.
Links to Other Web Sites
Your use of this Internet site is subject to the Terms and Conditions posted on this Internet site which are subject to changes from time to time.
How to Contact Us